Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

A blog about words, wordplay, and etymology, with slightly more than occasional political rants.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Clarification

By the by, when I write posts about Christianity taking other cultures' traditions, I'm not bashing Christianity. Catholic literally means something like all-embracing, and I like to think that the adoption of pagan rituals and traditions was more about including everybody than stealing from anybody. I think it's really neat how, when we participate in modern holidays, we're honoring the same traditions that people from every corner of the globe have been honoring since probably a thousand years before Christ. 
Yes, I do plan to post every single picture I took at Stonehenge. 

No comments:

ShareThis