Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

A blog about words, wordplay, and etymology, with slightly more than occasional political rants.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jam Don't Shake

A couple of days ago, I posted on Facebook that I was looking for mindless fiction to read. Among the many answers came from my friend Nicholas J. Carter, who recommended I read Jam Don't Shake by Nicholas J Carter. 


Hey, I thought, I have a friend named Nicholas J. Carter... When I finally put the bits together, I demanded that Nicholas J. Carter was just telling me about this. Nicholas J. Carter replied that he guessed he just wasn't very good at self-promotion.


Well now that I've read it, I'll do some promotion for him. Jam Don't Shake is a fantastically clever, fun read about a town taken over by vicious jam fiends. It's sort of a 28 Days Later meets Dead Alive meets a nightmare version of Burger Time, but with jam. And funny. Did I mention funny?

2 comments:

DEZMOND said...

it must be very sticky :)

Brigid Daull Brockway said...

It is, in fact, very sticky. I actually felt like I needed to wash my hands after reading it. Now that's good writing.

ShareThis