Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

A blog about words, wordplay, and etymology, with slightly more than occasional political rants.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Medicinal marijuana. = A cure? I'm in a damn jail.*

Right about now, anagrams are rocking my world. An anagram is a word or phrase made by rearranging the letters in another word or phrase. I have no idea how anyone discovers these things, because just thinking about anagrams makes my head explode a little. Head explode is an anagram for Exhaled Dope, and sadly, I couldn't even come up with that on my own. 
So I'll give a couple more I didn't come up with:


Britney Spears
is an anagram for
Presbyterian
which is an anagram for
Best in Prayer.


Dude. 


Then there's this one from Andrew Brehaut:
The President of the United States of America = Incompetent, hated head of state terrifies us.


But the mother of all anagrams, found by a person who much have so much time, and so many brains to burn, is this. So there's this nonsense word in Love's Labor Lost, honorificabilitudinitatibus. Some mad genius rearranged the letters to spell Hi ludi, F. Baconis nati, tuiti orbi., which translate from Latin to These plays, F. Bacon’s offspring, are preserved for the world.
Dude. Dude, man.


*Larry Brash

No comments:

ShareThis