Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

Brigid Daull Brockway is technically a writer

A blog about words, wordplay, and etymology, with slightly more than occasional political rants.

Monday, February 9, 2015

You have literally ruined literally

Today, someone showed me an afghan their relative had made and I said that this was literally the nicest afghan I'd ever seen. Now, when I say literally, I mean literally, but the person I said that to doesn't know that. Because people have ruined it. Those people are literally monsters.
"But Brigid," you may be asking, "aren't you all enlightened about linguistic prescriptivism and super evangelical about it?" Yes, yes I am. Normally. But we are now literally out of words that mean literally. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you all to hell!
Literally the nicest afghan I have ever made. Literally.

Yes, I did make this afghan just for this blog post. I literally need a social life.

No comments:

ShareThis