So all this thinking about death and depression reminded me of the apparent man of the month, Mel Blanc, whose gravestone famously reads "That's All Folks."
Here are some great grave stone sayings from famous people who liked getting the last laugh:
- Rodney Dangerfield: There Goes the Neighborhood
- Merv Griffin: I Will Not Be Back After This Message
- Jack Lemmon:
- Leslie Neilsen: Let 'er rip
- Don Adams: Would you believe... (sadly, a website stating "Immortality: Missed it by that much" appears to be lying).
- Dee Dee Ramone: OK, I gotta go now. (Also, none of the Ramones were actually named Ramone, which seems kind of obvious now that I think about it...)
- Billy Wilder: I'm a writer, but nobody's perfect.
- Rick James: If only I had some hilarious catch phrase involving my name and a profanity.
Not such a great headstone:
- Micah C. Green: I see dumb people. Green, who died in 2001, might have overestimated the staying power of M Night Shamalan.
(Info from ranker.com, mentalfloss.com, complex.com)